When you create a presentation that is to be viewed by people on their own computers or in a kiosk scenario, you can add interactivity by including action buttons. In this movie, you will know how to insert action buttons on a slide and choose what actions will take place when the button is either clicked or hovered over with the mouse of the end user.
- [Voiceover] If you're going to be creating a presentation…that your audience is going to control,…as opposed to you presenting to your audience.…Maybe they're going to be in a scenario…where they're at a kiosk,…or maybe running the presentation on their own computers.…You can help them with things like navigation…by adding something called an Action Button.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie…with our Landon Hotel presentation.…We left off on Slide Eight,…Landon_Hotel0603 if you're catching up.…Let's say when people get to the last slide…we want to create an option for them to click something…to go back to the first slide.…
Well we could,…if we wanted to,…select any object or create our own object,…and then go to the Insert tab,…and create an action by clicking the Action Button.…Like hyperlinking to the first slide.…But click Cancel,…and Cancel again.…And deselect anything that might be selected,…because even better is to add a separate button…that will allow them to do that.…And have it preprogrammed for you.…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.