Most PowerPoint users will work with a selection of specific presentations that they need to get back to on a regular basis. PowerPoint makes it easy to access recent files, but more can be done to create fast and easy access to frequently used files. In this movie, you will know how to pin files to the top of the recent list and modify the UI to show recent files directly on the file tab.
- [Voiceover] In this chapter,…we're going to shift our focus to…some tips and tricks when it comes to working with files.…For example, let's say as you create many, many…presentations over time, there are a certain few…presentations you like to go back to on a regular basis,…maybe to update or to present to different audiences.…In that case, you want to make it fast…and easy to find those files.…That's what we're going to do in this movie,…with our Landon Hotel presentation we've been working with.…You can open up Landon_Hotel0201…from the chapter two folder of your exercise files.…
Let's say we're working on the last slide, slide eight,…and this image here, we're just maybe adjusting it,…moving it around, we deselect.…We save our changes whenever we make changes,…and now we're ready to move on to creating a new…presentation or opening up another presentation,…we go up to File and Close to close this up.…Alright, so PowerPoint's still running,…we don't have anything open,…and then we go about creating new presentations…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.