In this video, you can learn how to recognize the new look icons from Microsoft for each of the apps one can launch via the Office 365 main screen after logging in.
- [Narrator] In the upcoming chapters, we'll be exploring new features in each of the Office 365 apps, but before we get there, one of the very first things you might notice are these brand new icons Microsoft started rolling out in late 2018, early 2019. So these new icons, you'll use to launch the various apps you can access from your start screen here after logging into your Office 365 account are completely redesigned, and Microsoft explained that their design solution was to decouple the letter and the symbol that you see in the icons, creating two panels, one for the letter, and one for the symbol that they can pair or separate, and it's supposed to help in allowing them to maintain familiarity while still emphasizing simplicity inside each app. Now regardless of their reasoning for the change, each of the apps remains recognizable by their respective icon, and launching an app continues to occur with a single click of the icon itself.
- Getting writing assistance from Editor
- Using the Resume Assistant in Word
- Turning data into maps in Excel
- Setting access to linked files right within Outlook
- Creating better PowerPoint lists with Designer
- Using the math assistant in OneNote
- Working with Microsoft To-Do and Forms