In this video, Sharon will explain the possible configuration options and server roles that are required for your ADFS implementation. Points to consider including ADFS Server standalone or farm, Proxy Servers and SQL or WID. The number of users dictates the number of servers required. Server placement is also discussed.
- [Voiceover] When implementing an AD FS solution,…there are two deployment options.…The two deployment options for AD FS are…stand-alone or a server farm for high availability.…The deployment selected will reflect…the needs for the implementation.…In the stand alone topology,…you only deploy one AD FS server.…You may be tempted to deploy using…only one server to reduce costs,…but this is a single point of failure.…If this server is unavailable, all Office 365 services,…and any other services that are dependent on AD FS,…will not be accessible.…
When using Server 2012, or earlier,…if the stand alone option is selected during configuration,…additional service cannot be added…to the configuration in the future.…Deploying AD FS in a server farm for high availability…is the best option for a fault-tolerant configuration.…This requires several servers…and some additional components,…including network load balancing.…If you require fault-tolerance or network load balancing,…you should deploy a server farm.…In general, you should always deploy…
Here, system admins will learn how to implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on in Office 365. Microsoft Certified Trainer Sharon Bennett shows how to plan for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install the AD FS role on Windows Server 2012 R2, and install and manage AD FS proxy servers.
Note: This training course maps to the Implement and Manage Federated Identities for SSO domain for Microsoft Certification exam 70-346.
- Planning for AD FS
- Sizing your infrastructure
- Configuring clients
- Installing the AD FS role
- Managing your servers
- Installing and configuring the AD FS proxy
- Tips for taking Microsoft Certification exam 70-346