Sharon will step through the components of an AD FS implementation including, Server Active Directory (the demo will reference Server 2012 R2). An overview preparing Active Directory, DNS, SPN, certificate requirements, types of ADFS servers that can be implemented, database and Azure options will be highlighted.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] With a solid foundation,…it is time to start our AD FS Implementation.…This will include Active Directory preparation…and DNS configuration.…As well as detailed certificate requirements,…database choices and Azure options.…Prior to configuring AD FS,…Active Directory should be remediated…to ensure Active Directory attributes align…with the DirSync attributes.…The IdFix tool can help correct invalid…and duplicate entries,…as well as reveal illegal characters and formatting issues.…The tool will also ensure the top level domain is writable…and there are no illegal characters or spaces…in the domain.…
Finally, IdFix will verify…the length limit of the attribute,…ensuring there are no blank…or null values.…Once your Active Directory has been remediated,…then you can proceed.…AD FS must be able to resolve the AD FS service…through an external DNS…to allow external access.…The host (A) record must be configured…in a publicly accessible DNS zone,…and the internal DNS must include a host (A) record…that resolves to a fully qualified domain name (FQDN)…
Here, system admins will learn how to implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on in Office 365. Microsoft Certified Trainer Sharon Bennett shows how to plan for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install the AD FS role on Windows Server 2012 R2, and install and manage AD FS proxy servers.
Note: This training course maps to the Implement and Manage Federated Identities for SSO domain for Microsoft Certification exam 70-346.
- Planning for AD FS
- Sizing your infrastructure
- Configuring clients
- Installing the AD FS role
- Managing your servers
- Installing and configuring the AD FS proxy
- Tips for taking Microsoft Certification exam 70-346