Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2016: Tips and Tricks.
- [Instructor] This course is designed to contain fast-paced tips and tricks, that assume you have an understanding of PowerPoint fundamentals before watching. I highly recommend watching my full PowerPoint training course, which can be found in the library. It contains everything you need to get started, and it also contains the PowerPoint presentation that I'll be using in this course in the Exercise Files. In fact, in addition to this course, there's a shorter PowerPoint Basics course by Garrick Chow, and a PowerPoint Power Shortcuts course by David Rivers.
You will notice some overlap, but I do recommend watching these first, as I'm going to go over them more quickly in this course. I also recommend watching this course at least once a year. Use it as a refresher, to be reminded of features that you may have forgotten about. This is useful especially if you only create presentations a few times a year. This course contains all of the fun stuff that you can do with PowerPoint, including giving you a few ideas of ways to use it that you may not have thought of before. Let's dive in.
- Customizing PowerPoint
- Creating custom icons with shapes
- Copying and pasting formatting
- Organizing slides into sections
- Creating layouts with slide masters
- Adding footers
- Creating handouts
- Using Presenter view and annotations
- Working with Excel data