PowerPoint is a great tool to create social media visuals without having to be a graphic designer. If you're trying to build your brand, run a promotion, or just put a fun quote online, author Jess Stratton can walk you through creating and exporting the perfect social media post for Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.
- [Voiceover] If you've been on Twitter, Instagram…and Facebook recently,…you'll notice that more and more companies…are building their brand using social media visuals…that is eye catching images to build a brand,…spread knowledge, share a quote…or just to tell followers about a current promotion.…PowerPoint is a fantastic tool you can use…to create these images…and you don't have to be a graphic artist.…I'm going to show you how to do this…in three quick examples.…The first example is a social media ad for The Landon Hotel.…I'll start by adding an image as a background image.…
I do that by changing to the Design ribbon tab,…clicking Format Background…all the way on the right hand side,…clicking Picture or Texture Fill…and then clicking the file.…I'm going to browse my file system…and choose an image,…click the blue Insert button…and our image is inserted…as a background image on the slide.…Now, I do want to put text over this.…I can get around this…by changing the transparency of the image.…This way, it's going to make it much easier…
- Identify where you can add frequently used tools to access them easily.
- Recognize the tool that allows you to match a color from any of a slide’s contents.
- Recall the benefits of using sections.
- Explain what smart guides consist of.
- List the steps needed to practice presenting your presentation and keep track of how long it takes.
- Name what the Presenter view includes.