If there's a tool that you frequently use in PowerPoint, you can add it to the Ribbon by making a custom tab and a group. You can also add the tool to the Quick Access toolbar at the top of the screen. In this video, author Jess Stratton shows users how to add tools to the Ribbon and the Quick Access toolbar.
- [Instructor] If there's a particular tool or tools…that you access frequently, you can create…your own groups and tabs, and add them to the ribbon.…You can also add them to this…Quick Access Toolbar at the top.…I'm going to show you how to do both.…Click PowerPoint on the top left-hand side of the screen…and choose Preferences.…From here, click the View option.…The first thing we're going to do…is place a checkmark next to Show group titles.…This is going to make it much easier to add a custom group.…As soon as I place a checkmark here,…you'll notice that new words appear under the ribbon.…
For example in the Home ribbon tab,…I now have the word Clipboard designating…the clipboard group.…I can also see the word Slides,…and over to the far right-hand side of the screen,…we have the label Drawing.…That's what gets added when you add the group titles.…Now let's start customizing the ribbon.…I'll click the Back button on the top left-hand side,…and this time we'll go into the…Ribbon and Toolbar option.…On the left are the commands we can choose from.…
- Identify where you can add frequently used tools to access them easily.
- Recognize the tool that allows you to match a color from any of a slide’s contents.
- Recall the benefits of using sections.
- Explain what smart guides consist of.
- List the steps needed to practice presenting your presentation and keep track of how long it takes.
- Name what the Presenter view includes.