PowerPoint allows users to create custom layouts using Slide Masters. Every layout can be customized and new ones can be created. In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to create a custom layout out of a design that's already being used on slides to be used for social media posts.
- [Instructor] In a previous video, I showed you…how PowerPoint can be a great tool for…creating easy visuals for social media posts.…In this video, I'll show you how you can…turn these into proper layouts,…so that you can very easily create a new one…without having to redo these elements,…or worry that they're going to get accidentally moved.…The first thing I'll do is select everything…that's already here.…Click and drag all the way across your design elements…and let go when they're all selected.…It's going to select them, and then you can…secondary click with your mouse and choose Copy.…
Now that they're copied, we're ready to go…into Slide Master View.…It's a master view of all the layouts that we see…when we click Layout, and can choose…for our particular layout for the slides.…We're going to create our own.…To get into the Slide Master view,…click the View ribbon tab, and choose Slide Master.…Create a new layout by clicking Insert Layout…on the top left-hand side.…Secondary click on that layout and choose Rename.…
- Identify where you can add frequently used tools to access them easily.
- Recognize the tool that allows you to match a color from any of a slide’s contents.
- Recall the benefits of using sections.
- Explain what smart guides consist of.
- List the steps needed to practice presenting your presentation and keep track of how long it takes.
- Name what the Presenter view includes.