SharePoint Designer 2007: Branding SharePoint Sites
In SharePoint Designer 2007: Branding SharePoint Sites, Simon Allardice explores using SharePoint Designer 2007 to alter the default appearance of SharePoint web sites. This course covers topics from creating themes and making simple CSS changes to fully re-styling a site with master pages and Page Layout templates. Learn how a custom design aids usability and adoption by providing improved navigation, better visual cues in complex site hierarchies, and individual page layouts for site-specific content.
- Setting site permissions
- Customizing existing CSS files
- Implementing the WCM (Web Content Management) features in SharePoint
- Using master pages
- Designing accessible pages
- Creating a Page Layout template
- Editing and copying themes
- Building out the Publishing Portal
- Customizing navigation
- Hi, I'm Simon Allardice and welcome to SharePoint Designer 2007 Branding SharePoint Sites. If you've used SharePoint, you've probably had the same thought many of us have had, that a SharePoint website default layout can look dull and standardized. In this course, we'll explore using SharePoint Designer 2007 to alter the appearance of these websites. But, here's the issue. Customizing SharePoint is not conventional web design and to do it successfully, you must know how SharePoint works. So in this course, we'll explore the architecture of SharePoint from a designer's perspective and see different options for styling intranet and internet sites, from creating themes and simple CSS changes to a full replacement with master pages and page layouts.
SharePoint is one of the fastest growing products in Microsoft's history and it's just getting bigger, but very few people know how to change the way it looks. You're going to be one of those people. So let's get started with SharePoint Designer 2007 Branding SharePoint Sites.
SharePoint 2007 Essential Training761,581 Views
InfoPath 2007 Essential Training158,330 Views
SharePoint Designer 2010: Branding SharePoint Sites374,164 Views
SharePoint Designer 2010: Creating Data-Driven Web Pages288,612 Views
SharePoint 2010 for Site Champions and Power Users104,872 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,003 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views