- Running macros
- Understanding the VBA environment
- Storing macros in a Personal Macro Workbook
- Recording macros in stages
- Writing VBA code
- Using loops
- Debugging macros
- Testing in step mode
- Optimizing macros for fast performance
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor. Welcome to Excel 2007 Macros. If you use Excel, you invariably encounter situations where you find yourself thinking or saying, "Here I go again," as you repeat a familiar command sequence or a series of steps. If you'd like to automate some of those tasks, then you've come to the right course. I'll be showing you the basics of how to create and use macros. You'll see how easy it is to create simple programs for everyday tasks, such as reformatting text, changing text layouts, and converting a list into a database.
I'll emphasize the recording of keystrokes to create macros, but also explain why you need to know some coding to create macros for more complex tasks such as accepting user input, or using a macro to perform tasks for an unknown quantity of data. I'll show you how you can create either a keyboard shortcut, or a toolbar shortcut to run your macros with ease. I use macros to save time and avoid frustration all the time. I'm looking forward to sharing my knowledge and insights with you. Let's create some macros.