Automate application deployment. Learn how to use Octopus Deploy to successfully deploy .NET applications.
- [Narrator] I'm Floyd Hilton, and I've spent the last decade helping teams improve their software build and release processes. In this course I'll illustrate the key concepts of Octopus Deploy, and how to successfully deploy a .NET application. I'll start by going over where Octopus Deploy fits in the build and deployment process. Then, I'll show the different parts of Octopus Deploy. The types of applications that can be released, and how variables can be used to keep configuration separate from code. Next I'll go over the key concepts of Octopus Deploy.
Such as NuGet packages, environments, targets, projects, and roles. Finally we will install Octopus Deploy and use it to release a .NET application. So let's get started with Octopus Deploy.
- What is Octopus Deploy?
- Working with the Octopus server and tentacles
- Using variables to scope configuration items such as roles and targets
- Installing and configuring Octopus Deploy
- Deploying a sample application
- Configuring a build server, adding a project, and creating a release
- Controlling release flow with life cycles and channels
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Octopus Overview
2. Key Concepts
3. Install and Configure
Configure with TeamCity5m 23s
4. Sample Application
5. Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.