In this chapter we take an existing .NET application and configure it to be deployed with Octopus Deploy.
- [Instructor] In this chapter we'll take…an existing .net application and configure it…to be deployed with Octopus Deploy.…The application we are using…is an ASP.NET MVC web application…that is stored in a Git repository…and is being built using Visual Studio Team Services.…We'll be editing the project using Visual Studio 2015…and using Octopus Deploy hosted in Azure.…We're going to do the following to set up…and deploy our application.…First we need to install the OctoPack…NuGet package in our application.…
Then we need to configure our build server…to send our application package to Octopus.…Once the package is in Octopus,…we need to add a project and some variables,…set up a deployment step,…and then create and deploy our release.…
- What is Octopus Deploy?
- Working with the Octopus server and tentacles
- Using variables to scope configuration items such as roles and targets
- Installing and configuring Octopus Deploy
- Deploying a sample application
- Configuring a build server, adding a project, and creating a release
- Controlling release flow with life cycles and channels
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Octopus Overview
2. Key Concepts
3. Install and Configure
Configure with TeamCity5m 23s
4. Sample Application
5. Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.