The team at Octopus has made it very easy to to get Octopus Deploy running in Azure by creating an Azure Resource Manger Template. All you have to do is fill out the template fields and a VM containing Octopus Deploy will be created. In this video Floyd will walk you through using the Resource Manager Template to create your own instance of Octopus Deploy hosted in Azure.
- [Voiceover] This video will cover the deployment…of Octopus Deploy in Azure…using an Azure resource management template.…If you'd like to setup Octopus Deploy…on your own Windows Server,…see the video Install Octopus Deploy on Windows Server.…In order to setup Octopus Deploy in Microsoft Azure…you will need an Azure subscription.…You can get a free trial of Azure…by going to azure.microsoft.com…and clicking Start Free.…One thing to note here is that I am in the US,…so the URL in the page may change depending…on your location.…
Octopus Deploy will be installed on a virtual machine…and will cost money to run.…I recommend you research costs…before you decide where you want to run…your Octopus Deploy Instance.…Once you have your Azure subscription,…log in to your Azure portal by going to portal.azure.com.…As I mentioned earlier,…we're going to use an Azure resource manager template…to install Octopus for us.…In order to do that,…we start by clicking New, type in Octopus.…
You'll see Octopus Deploy comes up for us.…Click on that.…
- What is Octopus Deploy?
- Working with the Octopus server and tentacles
- Using variables to scope configuration items such as roles and targets
- Installing and configuring Octopus Deploy
- Deploying a sample application
- Configuring a build server, adding a project, and creating a release
- Controlling release flow with life cycles and channels