- What is Octopus Deploy?
- Working with the Octopus server and tentacles
- Using variables to scope configuration items such as roles and targets
- Installing and configuring Octopus Deploy
- Deploying a sample application
- Configuring a build server, adding a project, and creating a release
- Controlling release flow with life cycles and channels
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Narrator] I'm Floyd Hilton, and I've spent the last decade helping teams improve their software build and release processes. In this course I'll illustrate the key concepts of Octopus Deploy, and how to successfully deploy a .NET application. I'll start by going over where Octopus Deploy fits in the build and deployment process. Then, I'll show the different parts of Octopus Deploy. The types of applications that can be released, and how variables can be used to keep configuration separate from code. Next I'll go over the key concepts of Octopus Deploy.
Such as NuGet packages, environments, targets, projects, and roles. Finally we will install Octopus Deploy and use it to release a .NET application. So let's get started with Octopus Deploy.