Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Work offline in Outlook on the web, part of Outlook on the Web Essential Training.
- Outlook on the web has an offline mode…and offline mode allows you to work on your laptop,…for example, or even a desktop, when you're not connected.…This allows me, for example, to be able to draft…email messages when I'm on a train…and don't have access to internet.…Same thing when I'm flying.…This is something you turn on on a specific device…and then when you're offline,…Outlook's hanging on to your work…and it's being automatically updated…when you go back online.…
So what can I do when I'm working offline?…First, I can read messages.…And this is great, I can also respond to them.…I can compose and send brand new messages.…I can edit my contacts and view my contacts.…I can work in my calendar, including accepting…and rejecting requests for meetings.…All of this work I'm doing,…and then when I'm connecting back to a network,…zip, it all gets uploaded for me.…What's the downside?…Well, you'll notice I didn't say anything…about phones or tablets.…
Working offline was really designed for laptops,…not for mobile devices.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Managementwith Gini von Courter3h 6m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.