Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use contact lists, part of Outlook on the web Essential Training.
- View Offline
- I know some people appreciate contact folders.…I actually prefer to use two different types of tools…to organize people into groups.…The first would be creating what used to be called…distribution lists are now called contact lists,…sometimes called Outlook Groups,…although that's confusing nomenclature now.…With distribution lists, or contact lists,…I have my folks together in a way that I can then send…a message to the entire group at a time or grab…the entire group and put them into a meeting at one time.…
It's a container to hold contacts that already exist…so that I can refer to them by the container name.…The other option is to create a group…like the groups that we see here.…These groups are Office 365 groups and they're only…available if you're using Office 365.…If you create an Office 365 group, what you're really doing…is creating a collaboration space.…That space will have a place for documents.…It will have a calendar, all of the shared tools that…a group would want or a project team would want.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016with Gini von Courter3h 7m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.