Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set out of office options or automatic replies, part of Outlook on the web Essential Training.
- [Instructor] A conversation about replying…to email messages wouldn't be complete…if we didn't talk about Out of Office messages…or automatic replies.…To access this functionality, click the Settings gear…and it's at the very top, create an automatic reply,…Out of Office message.…By default, Don't send automatic replies…is the option that's on…because there's no reason you would want Outlook…on the web to immediately start sending automatic replies.…You need to set this up…and before we start doing anything,…let's scroll down and take a look…at all of the options that are available.…
First, if I indicate I'm going to send automatic replies…then I can set a time period.…Now, there are two options here.…One is to say as soon as I turn this on,…start sending automatic replies…and the second is to do this at a time…and then say only do it during this time period.…Notice then that I can block my calendar for this period.…What that means is during the time I'm gone,…no one can make appointments with me…and that is just super sweet.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Managementwith Gini von Courter3h 6m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.