Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Respond to a meeting invitation, part of Outlook on the web Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Meetings are appointments…where we're not alone,…and often our first work with meetings is…that we get invited to meetings.…Here's an opportunity for me to join a meeting.…Victor Embargello has invited me to a meeting on Tuesday,…five to 5:30, he's invited Tammy as well.…It says your calendar couldn't be checked…to see whether this event conflicts with other events,…which is a little bit weird,…I'm going to have to look myself,…but I actually know that time's available.…
The retreat ends at five o'clock,…and my choices then are to Accept this meeting,…to say I think I'm going to come,…that's Tentative,…to Decline, or to Propose new time.…Those are the standard four ways to reply to a meeting.…If I intend to go, click Accept.…If I can't go, click Decline.…Now what happens if I decline the meeting is…if I could go if it was at 5:30,…and then it does get moved to 5:30…because Tammy says, "Hey, wouldn't 5:30 be better?"…I won't know about it because once I've declined…I'm out of the loop on this meeting.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Managementwith Gini von Courter3h 6m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.