Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Reply to or forward a message, part of Outlook on the web Essential Training.
- [Instructor] When I receive a message that was sent to me,…I will reply to that message.…If a message is sent and I'm only copied on it,…then etiquette says I don't need to reply,…but often I might wish to.…If I want to reply to a message,…I can simply choose Reply…and notice that the message is automatically addressed…to the person who emailed me,…and I can then provide whatever information I wish here.…A message history, when I click fill message history…embeds the message that was sent in my reply,…when is a nice thing if there's been some delay…in my replying.…
I'm going to discard that message.…If I choose Reply All, in this case…I'm still only emailing one person…and the reason is that there's only one sender…and only one recipient.…So Nick wrote to me, I'm replying to Nick.…But if I look at a message that had multiple recipients,…and I Reply All, notice now that this is being sent…to Cecelia and 11 more people,…and if I click I can see them.…Here are all of the people who will be emailed…if I send this message.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Managementwith Gini von Courter3h 6m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.