Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify general and email settings, part of Outlook on the Web Essential Training.
- [Narrator] A couple of other settings…that you might want to know how to change.…First, the display settings indicate…how your inbox will be organized.…I've left the reading pane at the right,…which is the default view.…There are some people who prefer…to show the reading pane at the bottom.…And if you do, then when you click on a message,…it will be displayed below.…You will almost always need to scroll…to see anything past the header,…that's why I don't particularly love it,…but it's up to you.…
You could also choose to hide the reading pane…and when you do that,…then you need to click on messages in order to read them.…I'm going to leave the reading pane on the right,…where I found it.…I can apply this to all folders,…I can have different settings for different folders…so I can choose a folder, change the settings,…go to another folder, change of settings.…Notice that when I move or delete an item,…I'm automatically being moved to the next item.…And when I sign in, currently,…nothing is displayed in the reading pane.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Managementwith Gini von Courter3h 6m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.