Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Mention to get attention, part of Outlook on the web Essential Training.
- [Instructor] You may recall that one of the ways…that we can filter our inbox is to look for mentions.…Victor created a message,…and in the middle of the message…that he was sending to Tammy, he says,…"So glad to be working with you and,"…and the @ symbol, and then typed my name.…This automatically added me as a recipient,…but it also is a mention,…and when I look for emails when I've been mentioned…this shows up, as opposed to all emails,…or emails that were sent to me.…
A mention is a piece of social networking,…and it's a nice way to be able to catch someone's attention.…It's a habit that we pick up from Facebook and Yammer,…and other tools that we're familiar with.…Therefore if I would like to mention someone,…and I can do this in anything that's a message,…an email, I could also do it, for example,…in a meeting request,…which we'll learn a little bit about later.…But if I create a new email and just begin typing,…and have Victor right here,…notice that as soon as I choose him, right there,…the mention means that he will automatically be added.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Managementwith Gini von Courter3h 6m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.