Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Flag items to the task app, part of Outlook on the web Essential Training.
- [Gini] Remember that Leslie welcomed me…and invited me to have lunch with her possibly next week.…I need to reply this, so I'm going to flag this message…for follow up tomorrow.…And this will add it then to that tasks list view…that shows flagged items as well as showing tasks.…When I flag an email item,…I have the ability to view it there or to view it here.…Remember that I can simply show all of the items…that are flagged, and I can complete them here.…
So if I, for example, follow-up with Nick,…then I can mark this flag complete.…You might wonder, didn't I just flag an item from Leslie?…And this is a piece of relatively normal delay.…The fact that I marked something here doesn't yet mean…that it's marked on the server…and has made that complete loop,…particularly when I'm working in a place…where I have a slower Internet speed.…So don't be shocked if you flag something…and it doesn't immediately go to the tasks list…or it doesn't immediately show in the flagged view,…or even that the flag doesn't display…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Managementwith Gini von Courter3h 6m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.