Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a message, part of Outlook on the web Essential Training.
- [Narrator] To create a new message,…click the New button…and it automatically creates a new message.…If I'm elsewhere, for example,…if I'm in the Calendar, I can click the drop-down arrow…and choose New Email Message.…Notice that when I did this, then Internet Explorer says,…"Wait a minute, that's going to open in a new window,"…and wants to know if it should block this.…I could allow it once or I could say always allow it.…
Notice it's reloading Outlook, reloading the calendar,…puts me right back where I was.…However, now when I choose a new email message…which will open in a separate window…because that's not what the right pane…in the calendar is used for.…This happens very smoothly and easily.…Let's go back to Mail.…Create a new message.…If I want to pop this out to a new window,…there's the Edit in separate window button.…
To add a recipient, three different ways I can do this.…The first is simply to type the information…for the recipient.…Notice as I start to enter someone's name,…if they are already here like David, like Leslie,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016with Gini von Courter3h 7m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.