Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and join Office 365 groups, part of Outlook on the Web Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you wonder why contact lists were created…all you need to look at is their original name,…distribution lists.…Contact lists were created so you could distribute email…to a number of people at the same time very easily.…And the fact that you can also use it…for setting up meetings,…that's just a convenient byproduct.…But they're really meant for push distribute,…not for invitation or collaboration.…And Office 365 group is a space…where users can share a calendar, can share documents,…and can work together collaboratively.…
I'm a member of two groups right now,…one of them is the cmrproject group.…Notice that when I click on it in the Calendar…it's loading the Calendar for this group.…And if I want to look at other groups…I can click Discover and it will find Active groups.…There's a Brochure Design group in the London Hotel,…a Web Site Re-design group,…the Executive Team, an IT Support group,…128 Main, Management Team, Office Relocate,…all of these groups exist.…
And if the group is public it will appear here…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Managementwith Gini von Courter3h 6m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.