Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and apply categories, part of Outlook on the web Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you've been looking at these lovely…colors in my calendar and going,…"Oh, I just think that's gorgeous."…Then we are kindred spirits.…The colors, which come from categories,…allow me to understand what's going on in my work week.…By default, every time I create a new item it's whatever…the default color in my calendar is because I kept the…light colors and used this theme, it's a light blue,…but you'll notice that I have purple and green and red.…All types of different colors.…
And this is, indeed, what my personal calendar and my work…calendar looks like.…I'm going to select this submit expense report and edit it…as a way to talk about categories.…When I have an appointment, or a meeting,…which we'll talk about next, and I open it here are all of…these categories.…Now, I use the same categories and in Outlook on the…desktop, I don't have a choice because the categories…are stored, really, as part of my mailbox and I'm opening…the same mailbox regardless of what client I'm using.…
I didn't create all of these here and some of them have…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016with Gini von Courter3h 7m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.