Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Automatic appointments from email messages, part of Outlook on the web Essential Training.
- [Gini] There's one other feature of Appointments…that I'd like to show you that,…if you don't know what happens, it will absolutely…flip you out the first time you see it.…I have an appointment on Friday the second.…I'm flying from Traverse City to Detroit…and then onto Boston, and this has all of…my flight information, and this looks different than…any appointment that I would know how to create.…Here's my flight coming back from Boston,…and, the thing about this is, I didn't create this.…
All I did was receive an email from the airline.…Let me show you how this works.…If you have the ability to send yourself an email,…there it is: forwarded itinerary.…Looks pretty cool, right?…And immediately after, Outlook added events…from email to your calendar.…Outlook found these events in your email!…I didn't ask it to do this. It simply did it.…That's a pretty slick feature.…It's also a little disconcerting when you realize…that there are items on your calendar…that you didn't technically put there,…but if you receive emails about rental cars,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Working offline
- Creating messages
- Attaching files and pictures to a message
- Creating and using an email signature
- Working with Clutter
- Setting out of office options
- Modifying general and email settings
- Creating or modifying repeating appointments
- Creating and applying categories
- Displaying multiple calendars
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using contact lists
- Creating and joining Office 365 groups
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Managementwith Gini von Courter3h 6m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Outlook on the Web
2. Compose and Send Messages
3. Receive and Manage Messages
4. Use the Calendar
5. Work with Meetings
6. Work with People
7. Track Tasks
Flag items to the task app1m 27s
8. Use OWA on Mobile Devices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.