- View Offline
- Deploying, troubleshooting, and understanding OS X 10.6 DNS server
- Understanding and configuring OS X and OS X Server-based firewalls
- Fixing server- and client-side firewalls
- Configuring and troubleshooting DHCP
- Setting up and troubleshooting a VPN server
Skill Level Intermediate
- I'm Sean Collins, and this is Mac OS X Server DNS and Network Services. This course presents you with an excellent opportunity to quickly and easily understand the networking concepts that typically elude people. We start with DNS because DNS is my number one source of student questions, and it's the first service you must set up from Mac OS X Server to work correctly. DNS is there to help you locate resources on networks varying in size from the very small to the largest network in the world, the internet.
Together, we'll set it up and tear it apart until you understand it inside and out. Next, we'll explore firewall technology which is designed to protect your computer and your network from intruders and to help move traffic around our increasingly complex networks. After firewalls, it makes sense to talk about DHCP which makes configuration of many devices on a network very easy. DHCP gives you power, but with any power, comes responsibility, and we'll talk about both. Once you have DNS, a firewall, and DHCP enabled on your network, you're ready for the security and remote accessibility provided by a VPN.
I'll show you how to set one up properly, and we'll talk about which level of security is right for you and your organization. Of course, with subjects this complicated, something is bound to go wrong somewhere, so I will lead you through the most effective and efficient ways to troubleshoot each of these services when things don't work exactly as you want. Even though your server will nearly configure itself. To learn any of this, we're going to have to roll up our sleeves and get to work. So please join me now as we begin in Mac OS X Server DNS and Network Services.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.