Join Michele Vallisneri for an in-depth discussion in this video Python containers overview, part of Introduction to Data Analysis with Python.
- We are now going to work through a quick Python refresher.…In particular, all those features that are most useful…to deal with data, Python containers,…such as lists and dictionaries.…The interface to Python containers is a blueprint…for the interfaces to more advanced data analysis libraries,…such as NumPy and Pandas, which we will discuss…later in this course.…So we'll look at Python lists, where the indexing…and slicing syntax is very similar to NumPy arrays.…We will look at Python dictionaries, which are in a sense…similar to Pandas DataFrames, and we will look…at Python comprehensions, a very useful feature…of the language that lets us create and modify lists…and dicts with great ease.…
- Writing and running Python in iPython
- Using Python lists and dictionaries
- Creating NumPy arrays
- Indexing and slicing in NumPy
- Downloading and parsing data files into NumPy and Pandas
- Using multilevel series in Pandas
- Aggregating data in Pandas
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
2. Refresher: Data Containers in Python
3. Word Anagrams in Python
4. Introduction to NumPy
5. Weather Data with NumPy
6. Introduction to Pandas
7. Baby Names with Pandas
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.