Join Michele Vallisneri for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Python: Data Analysis.
- We've reached the end of this course.…Thank you for following along through…some rather challenging material.…My goal in this course was to show you how standard Python,…NumPy, and Pandas can be used as robust and flexible tools…for many data analysis applications.…Using practical examples, I have touched…on the most important features of each tool…for the purpose of data analysis.…However, even after taking this course, you're only…at the start of your road to mastery.…Here are some resources that can help you to learn more.…For Python, I can recommend the excellent course…by Bill Weinman, Python Essential Training.…
You can find the answer to any question…about Python on his documentation website.…For IPython and the IPython notebook, check out…the IPython.org website.…There are many excellent books about Python.…Personally, I can recommend Think Python by Allen Downey.…For NumPy, matplotlib, and pandas, again you can go…to the official websites.…These packages are also discussed…in Python Data Science Handbook by Jake VanderPlas,…
- Writing and running Python in iPython
- Using Python lists and dictionaries
- Creating NumPy arrays
- Indexing and slicing in NumPy
- Downloading and parsing data files into NumPy and Pandas
- Using multilevel series in Pandas
- Aggregating data in Pandas
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The course shows how to download files from FTP and web servers using Python 3.X. How do I do the same thing with Python 2.7?
A: First import urllib, then use urllib.urlretrieve(URL,filename). For instance, to download the stations.txt files used in the chapter 5 video “Downloading and parsing data files,” you’d do urllib.urlretrieve(‘ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ghcn/daily/ghcnd-stations.txt','stations.txt').
1. Installation and Setup
2. Refresher: Data Containers in Python
3. Word Anagrams in Python
4. Introduction to NumPy
5. Weather Data with NumPy
6. Introduction to Pandas
7. Baby Names with Pandas
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.