Join Michele Vallisneri for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge, part of Introduction to Data Analysis with Python.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Your challenge for this chapter is the following:…analyze the temperature data to find the year…with the highest mean TMAX in a cool place, Minneapolis;…analyze the data to find the year…with the lowest mean TMIN in San Diego, a warm place;…then in the same plot, show the TMIN and TMAX series…for those years and for those two cities.…This should take you about 10 minutes.…
- Writing and running Python in iPython
- Using Python lists and dictionaries
- Creating NumPy arrays
- Indexing and slicing in NumPy
- Downloading and parsing data files into NumPy and Pandas
- Using multilevel series in Pandas
- Aggregating data in Pandas
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
2. Refresher: Data Containers in Python
3. Word Anagrams in Python
4. Introduction to NumPy
5. Weather Data with NumPy
6. Introduction to Pandas
7. Baby Names with Pandas
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.