Join Michele Vallisneri for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge, part of Introduction to Data Analysis with Python.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We're at the end of this chapter…and I'd like to give you a challenge.…In this challenge, you will divide the words…of a dictionary into classes based on their length.…Then find a number of anagrams within each class.…You may imagine that there are very few anagrams…that involve very long, complicated words.…Whereas, there are more for short and more…common words.…Let's find out if that is the case.…So, your objectives for this challenge are…to start with a list of words and divide it into sublists…based on the length of words.…
Then, for each sublist, find all the anagrams.…And then count the total number of anagrams…in each sublist.…You can use the Python code to find anagrams…that we developed in this chapter.…You will find it in exercise file 0303.…This challenge should take about 10 minutes.…When you're done, be sure to check my solution video.…Let's go!…
- Writing and running Python in iPython
- Using Python lists and dictionaries
- Creating NumPy arrays
- Indexing and slicing in NumPy
- Downloading and parsing data files into NumPy and Pandas
- Using multilevel series in Pandas
- Aggregating data in Pandas
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
2. Refresher: Data Containers in Python
3. Word Anagrams in Python
4. Introduction to NumPy
5. Weather Data with NumPy
6. Introduction to Pandas
7. Baby Names with Pandas
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.