In this video, learn how to locate, browse, and insert shapes from a wide variety of categories, add text inside a shape, and format the shape and text to improve readability.
- [Instructor] A text box is a great way to place text on…your sheet and have control on its placement, its size,…its formatting for example.…A great way to add additional information into your tables…and charts, but it is plain.…Text boxes are rectangles.…What if you wanted to place your text inside…a different shape, something more interesting?…Well in that case you would use shapes which we…have a number to choose from hearing numbers…and that's what we're going to do in this movie with our…Leaf and Mortar budget file 0803 if you're catching up.…
Down at the bottom we added all of this text in a text box.…Now with no formatting we don't see the box itself…but click once and we do see the border.…That's the area around the outside if we were to choose…to displayed up a border that's where we go…but in this case we didn't do any formatting.…Well perhaps this would look even better if it was…inside a shape related to Leaf and Mortar landscaping.…Well that means going inside or text box,…click again to get inside…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.