In this video, learn how to locate, browse, and insert shapes from a wide variety of categories, add text inside a shape, and format the shape and text to improve readability.
- [Instructor] A text box is a great way to place text on…your sheet and have control on its placement, its size,…its formatting for example.…A great way to add additional information into your tables…and charts, but it is plain.…Text boxes are rectangles.…What if you wanted to place your text inside…a different shape, something more interesting?…Well in that case you would use shapes which we…have a number to choose from hearing numbers…and that's what we're going to do in this movie with our…Leaf and Mortar budget file 0803 if you're catching up.…
Down at the bottom we added all of this text in a text box.…Now with no formatting we don't see the box itself…but click once and we do see the border.…That's the area around the outside if we were to choose…to displayed up a border that's where we go…but in this case we didn't do any formatting.…Well perhaps this would look even better if it was…inside a shape related to Leaf and Mortar landscaping.…Well that means going inside or text box,…click again to get inside…
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.