In this video, learn how to use autofill and format numerical data to be consistent across multiple sheets, such as choosing a currency format, decimal places, how negative numbers should appear, and alignment.
- [Narrator] In this movie we are going to shift our focus…to making the contents of your table look good and we will…continue working with our Leaf and Mortar Budget File 0304…if you're catching up.…We left off here in the Profit Loss Summary where we did…some formatting to our table in the way of its outline,…the grid lines, some cell shading.…You will notice the contents here, aside from the…text labels, the numbers are plain ole numbers.…We don't see any comma separators, no decimals,…no dollar signs.…That's the type of formatting we might want…to apply to contents.…
Let's start with this table by selecting all of the cells…that will have values that appear as dollar amounts and…that happens to be from here in cell B3 all the way across…to D and down to row five.…We will select all of those cells, nine cells in total.…Even though there's nothing in the empty cells, once the…values appear there after we add some formulas, they will…appear in the right format.…With those cells selected and our inspector opened up…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.