In this video, learn about what is required to follow along in this course, such as upgrading to a recent version of Numbers—4.3 at minimum—some spreadsheet knowledge, and a connection to the internet.
- [Instructor] Here's what you need to know to follow along with me in this course. Firstly, I'll be working with Numbers version 4.3. If you haven't upgraded to at least this version, things may not look and work exactly as they do on my screen, so click the Numbers menu and select About Numbers to find out what version you're working with. Now you don't need to have any experience with Numbers to follow along but any spreadsheet experience you may have will definitely come in handy as we move into more complex scenarios as we work our way through the chapters and movies in this course.
And when it comes to collaborating with others on a Numbers file, the easiest way is in the cloud and that requires an Internet connection. When we get to the movie on collaborating with iCloud, you'll not only need an Internet connection on the computer you're using to follow along with me, but you'll need an iCloud account as well. It's free and we'll discuss it in more detail when the time comes. Lastly, you can follow along step-by-step with me working with the exact same file. We'll discuss the exercise files next.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.