In this video, learn how to add a text box, add text to the box, format the text, format text box fills, borders, and shadows, and change inset margins inside boxes or shapes.
- [Instructor] Here in Numbers,…there's a lot more than just basic tables…and charts that can be added to your sheets, here.…Tab visual interests,…there's a number of other graphical objects…that we're going to explore in this chapter,…starting with the text box,…which we touched on in the previous chapter.…We're going to dive in a little bit deeper…as we continue working…with our Leaf and Mortar Budget file 0801…if you're catching up.…We're on the Profit Loss Summary tab.…And as we scroll down under the second table here,…you can see there is some text.…The text appears as though it's just on the page…in the background, but we had to insert a text box.…
You can go ahead and Click once on that text…to see the handles on the left and on the right hand side,…going around our text, that's the box.…Currently, though, many of the options…have not been applied, such as a border.…We don't see a border when we click in the background,…we just see the text.…We can add shading, shadows, reflections,…all kinds of cool things that we're going to explore,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.