In this video, learn how to insert special characters and symbols that don't appear on a regular keyboard, and designate any of them as favorites to make them easier to find going forward.
- On occasion you may be adding content to a table here…in Numbers when you need to include a special character…that simply does not appear on the keyboard.…It's called a special character,…could be a symbol, emoji even,…and there are many to choose from here in Numbers.…We're going to explore them in this movie…with our Leaf and Mortar Budget file,…0703 if you're catching up.…We're on the Profit/Loss Summary tab here…where we see our annual budget overview 2018.…Let's just select these cells by clicking and dragging.…
I think they should all be merged together…so this title is centered…and we can add to it and have a little bit of room.…So with those cells selected,…right click and choose to merge all cells.…That looks better.…Now we can double click in front of the A in Annual,…and add Leaf and…I'm going to use the ampersand,…Mortar, and leave a space.…Now after Leaf and Mortar, we should add…the trademark symbol, so looking at your keyboard,…you're not going to find it there…unless you have a very specialized keyboard.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.