In this video, learn how to create row and column headers, convert rows or columns to headers, and freeze headers so that a selected number of rows and columns will always be visible when scrolling through larger tables.
- [Narrator] When working with tables here in Numbers…especially large tables with multiples rows…and multiples columns, too many to fit on one screen,…it's important to understand how…column and row headers and footers…work here in Numbers.…So that's what we're going to explore…in this movie with the file we've been working with,…our Leaf and Mortar budget 0-2-0-5 if you're catching up.…We left off here on the profit loss summary sheet,…but we're going to go over here to income details.…I'm also zoomed in to 125%,…that makes it's easier to read the data,…but look what happens over here on the left-hand side…we can see the different months and quarters.…
At the top we see labels for month, quarter, line item.…And then we see labels for the different numbers…appearing down below, prior year, variance, etcetera.…As we scroll down we lose those labels at the top.…Suddenly we're looking at numbers…and we're not entire sure what column we're looking at,…and as we scroll over to the right,…suddenly we don't know what…
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.