In this video, learn how to perform arithmetic operations while understanding arithmetic operators. Also, use comparison operators to trigger a true or false result.
- [Instructor] Well if you've been following along with me…so far, we've created some very simple formulas…using some arithmetic operators…like the dash, or minus sign…for subtracting one cell from another.…The asterisk for multiplication.…We could use the slash for division.…We could also use the plus sign for addition.…We're going to to look at some other operators…in this movie that will allow us to compare.…So we'll continue working with our…Leaf and Mortar Budget 0504 if you're catching up.…If we go over here to our top table,…our annual budget overview for 2018…and click in cell D3 and look at the bottom,…you can see the formula is the actual total income…minus the estimated total income.…
The operator is the minus sign, we use the dash.…If we go over to the difference in Canadian,…you can see that's a formula that uses multiplication.…We use the asterisk and the multiplication sign…or operator was added for us in our formula.…But what if we wanted to do something else…like compare values.…Well we would use a different type of operator…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.