In this video, learn how to perform arithmetic operations while understanding arithmetic operators. Also, use comparison operators to trigger a true or false result.
- [Instructor] Well if you've been following along with me…so far, we've created some very simple formulas…using some arithmetic operators…like the dash, or minus sign…for subtracting one cell from another.…The asterisk for multiplication.…We could use the slash for division.…We could also use the plus sign for addition.…We're going to to look at some other operators…in this movie that will allow us to compare.…So we'll continue working with our…Leaf and Mortar Budget 0504 if you're catching up.…If we go over here to our top table,…our annual budget overview for 2018…and click in cell D3 and look at the bottom,…you can see the formula is the actual total income…minus the estimated total income.…
The operator is the minus sign, we use the dash.…If we go over to the difference in Canadian,…you can see that's a formula that uses multiplication.…We use the asterisk and the multiplication sign…or operator was added for us in our formula.…But what if we wanted to do something else…like compare values.…Well we would use a different type of operator…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.