In this video, learn how to work with an interactive column chart by converting an existing 3D column chart to its interactive version, and set interactive chart options for buttons, sliders, label placement.
- [Instructor] There's another chart type…that will allow us to focus in…on portions of our data at a time,…allowing us to move between series of data,…either using buttons or a slider.…It's called an interactive chart,…and we're going to explore it in this movie.…For example, in our leaf and LandMBudget budget file…we've been building here, 0606 if you're catching up.…We have this nice looking 3D column chart.…We want to focus in on Personnel,…then Office, Salespeople et cetera…and get a closer look at just that data…one series at a time.…
We can turn this into an interactive chart.…Now we could go ahead and select data…and create one on the fly, but we already have a chart…that we can convert to an interactive chart.…Just click once to select it,…and over here with Format and the Chart tab…selected in the Inspector,…we're going to scroll all the way down…where we see our current chart type set to 3D Column.…Click that button and scroll down…you'll see the interactive options for…Column, Bar, Scatter and Bubble.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.