In this video, learn how to create a formula using instant calculations and basic calculations.
- [Instructor] It's time to move on now…from the look and feel of our tables…to the nitty gritty, the real power of numbers,…is in it's formulas and functions.…So, in this movie,…we're going to start with a simple formula…and there are different ways to add a formula to a table.…We're going to continue working…with our Leaf and Mortar budget file here,…0501 if you're catching up.…And we're going to go to this cell here, under Difference,…that's column D, row 3, or cell D3.…And the difference is actually going to be…one of these numbers minus the other,…the actual minus the estimated.…
So really if we use cell addressing, C3 minus B3.…So to start a new formula, you have three different options.…You can go up to Insert, go down to formula,…you'll see some existing functions,…which we'll talk about in the next movie,…and down at the bottom is New Formula.…Click there, and you can see…how the cell changes to a formula box,…where a flashing cursor's waiting for your input.…Then you can reject or accept that change when you're done.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.