In this video, learn how to create a formula using instant calculations and basic calculations.
- [Instructor] It's time to move on now…from the look and feel of our tables…to the nitty gritty, the real power of numbers,…is in it's formulas and functions.…So, in this movie,…we're going to start with a simple formula…and there are different ways to add a formula to a table.…We're going to continue working…with our Leaf and Mortar budget file here,…0501 if you're catching up.…And we're going to go to this cell here, under Difference,…that's column D, row 3, or cell D3.…And the difference is actually going to be…one of these numbers minus the other,…the actual minus the estimated.…
So really if we use cell addressing, C3 minus B3.…So to start a new formula, you have three different options.…You can go up to Insert, go down to formula,…you'll see some existing functions,…which we'll talk about in the next movie,…and down at the bottom is New Formula.…Click there, and you can see…how the cell changes to a formula box,…where a flashing cursor's waiting for your input.…Then you can reject or accept that change when you're done.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.