In this video, learn how to use find and replace functions to locate content and optionally replace it with alternate content, including options for matching case and finding whole words only.
- [Instructor] When you create a numbers file…made up of multiple sheets, and on those sheets,…multiple tables, some of them might be very large tables.…For example, if we go to our income details,…expense details, we see a lot of data here.…If you need to find something,…maybe even replace that something with something else,…it could take a while sifting through rows and rows…of tables and sheets in your file.…That's where find and replace comes in handy.…We're going to explore it now…with our Leaf & Mortar budget file 0705.…
We'll start with a simple find.…Let's say we know somewhere in our file here…is information on utilities.…Well, if we want to find that, we could start going…from tab to tab, from table to table.…That could take a while.…It could be very time consuming,…frustrating, and exhausting.…So, instead, we'll go to the edit menu.…From here, we can go down to find,…and from here, choose find.…Notice the keyboard shortcut, easy to remember,…command F, as in find.…We can also move from one occurrence, whatever it finds,…
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.