In this video, learn how to add controls to a table, such as check boxes, sliders, and steppers, to not only make data input easier, but also to control what can appear in any given cell.
- [Instructor] When working with larger tables…with a lot of data input…especially if you're collaborating with others…who also have access to the same table,…you might want to consider…making it easier for them to input data…and even control what they can put into a cell.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie…with our leaf and mortar budget file LandMBudget0305…if you're catching up.…We're going to go to the expense details sheet here…where we do see several columns…that we can force people into adding only options…that should be available in each column.…
For example in the month column,…we want them entering January through December,…the full word, no short forms for example.…Same thing for the quarters, qtr, in this case short form,…and the number one, two, three, or four.…Notice category here is either personnel or operating,…two different options.…And even the line items are repeated throughout this column.…We can create controls from a popup menu for those.…When it comes to the numbers,…we can make it easier by adding sliders for example…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.