In this video, learn how to apply formatting to numbers based on conditions being met— as conditional formatting—to highlight cells containing values that meet conditions you set.
- [Instructor] Sometimes when looking at data,…especially in larger tables, it can be…difficult to pick out certain values.…For example, if you're looking at expense details…and you want to see a list of all the expenses…that are over a certain amount, it can take…a while to go row by row picking those out.…That's where conditional highlighting can come in handy.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie.…We're going to deal with our Leaf and Mortar budget,…file 0702 if you're catching up.…And we're going to go to the expense details sheet.…Here we have some columns, including actual expense amounts.…
And you can see it's quite a long column.…So if we wanted to highlight, let's say anything…that's over 8,500 dollars.…Well, in that case we'd have to go row by row to find them.…There's one.…Oh no, that's close, but the 9,000s are over, et cetera.…It might be easier just to highlight them…automatically using conditional highlighting.…So, let's start by clicking the header at the top…of column F, right on the F, to select the entire column.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.