In this video, learn how to apply formatting to numbers based on conditions being met— as conditional formatting—to highlight cells containing values that meet conditions you set.
- [Instructor] Sometimes when looking at data,…especially in larger tables, it can be…difficult to pick out certain values.…For example, if you're looking at expense details…and you want to see a list of all the expenses…that are over a certain amount, it can take…a while to go row by row picking those out.…That's where conditional highlighting can come in handy.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie.…We're going to deal with our Leaf and Mortar budget,…file 0702 if you're catching up.…And we're going to go to the expense details sheet.…Here we have some columns, including actual expense amounts.…
And you can see it's quite a long column.…So if we wanted to highlight, let's say anything…that's over 8,500 dollars.…Well, in that case we'd have to go row by row to find them.…There's one.…Oh no, that's close, but the 9,000s are over, et cetera.…It might be easier just to highlight them…automatically using conditional highlighting.…So, let's start by clicking the header at the top…of column F, right on the F, to select the entire column.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.