In this video, learn about the difference between relative and absolute cell references, and use absolute cell referencing to preserve rows and columns when copying a formula.
- [Instructor] Well, so far as we've been working…with formulas and functions and copying them…either across columns or down rows,…we've seen what's known as relative addressing.…Automatically, a formula that uses certain values on a row…when you copy it down…will continue to use those rows next to it.…That's the relative addressing.…Sometimes, however, you want to freeze on a cell,…on a row or a column and that's called absolute addressing…and we're going to look at that in this movie…with our leaf and mortar budget file 0503…if you're catching up.…
We're going to start by adding a table…that's simply going to contain an exchange rate.…So we'll go up here to the table button…and we'll just go to this plain option here…in the middle left-hand side and click…and you can see what we get, a fairly large table,…much larger than we need.…So what we're going to do is select the table…by going to the handle in the top left corner…and that gives us access to these guys up here…at the top right and bottom of our table.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.