In this video, learn how to send a spreadsheet via email while converting to one of several formats on the fly—Numbers, Excel, PDF—using the share menu and the mail option.
- [Instructor] When you export your Numbers file…to another format, like excel in the previous movie,…you might then decide you'd like to share that with others…by sending it as an attachment in an email message.…Well, that can be a lot of steps.…In fact, you can do it all from within Numbers and…that's what we're going to do in this movie…with our Leaf & Mortar budget file…LandMBudgetFinal if you're catching up.…All we do is go up to the Share menu,…hover over Send a Copy and you'll see…options like Mail at the top,…but there's also AirDrop, Notes, and Messages down below.…
We're going to go to Mail.…Now when you attach it to an email message, it can be…converted to any format you choose from this drop down.…Numbers is the default and that will attach a copy of…your Numbers file to a new email message,…or we can convert it Excel like we did…in the previous movie.…We'll see all the same options there.…Or comma-separated-value if you're not sure…what they're using at the other end,…any spreadsheet application can open up this.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.