In this video, learn how to save changes to a spreadsheet to either move or save a copy of a file in another location and/or with a different name.
- [Instructor] Saving your work here in Numbers…is obviously important, and there are…a number of different ways to do it.…We're going to explore them in this movie.…If you're following along, in the previous movie,…we opened up an Excel spreadsheet.…It was called LandMBudget0202.…When you do that, it appears in Numbers…and needs to be saved, so if you've skipped to…this movie, just go to File - Open, navigate to…the Chapter2 folder, you'll find LandMBudget0202.…It's an xlsx file.…
When you click Open with that file selected,…you'll see what I see, but nothing's been saved.…If you were to close this, you would not…have a Numbers version of this file.…So when you go up to File and look…at the Save option down below, it's Save…with an ellipsis after it, the three dots.…Command-S is the keyboard shortcut.…This tells us that we haven't made changes to it,…and it's a new file that has yet to be saved,…even though it has a name, LandMBudget0202.…
When we click Save, we're going to see…the Save As drop-down, and you can see…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.