In this video, learn how to save your work as a custom template to be used moving forward. In addition, learn how to edit your custom template and delete it when it's no longer needed.
- [Instructor] So, if you've been following along…in this chapter, we've taken an existing file that…we spent a lot of time and effort into designing,…making it look good, with some formatting,…graphical images, etc.…And we know we're going to be reusing this file every year,…budget-type file, so it makes sense to create a template…out of this moving forward.…All of the design will be done, it's just a matter…of filling in the blanks moving forward.…So it's time now to actually save this as a template.…
This is actually the easy part.…We're still working with our Leaf & Mortar budget file 0904,…if you're catching up.…The first thing I'd like to do is move the…profit-loss summary tab to the beginning.…When you save your template and choose to make it available…from the template chooser with your other templates,…it's going to create a little thumbnail using the very…first tab or sheet that we see, in this case…income details, very plain.…I think profit-loss summary would make a better thumbnail…so let's click and drag this tab over to the left…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.