In this video, learn how to sort table cells and filter rows using sort and filter options.
- [Instructor] Sometimes when working…with larger cables here in Numbers,…filled with all kinds of data…can be difficult to understand the data…you're looking at to pick up on trends,…to analyze that data.…Well, there are some tools to help like sorting…and filtering, that's what we're going…to explore in this movie with our…Litha Mordor budget file 0307 if you're catching up.…Let's go to the income details tab up here.…Click there and we do have a larger table here…with many months and quarters, different line items,…and you can see a number of values.…
Now, if we wanted to really get a understanding…of the variances for example, we might want to sort by…the variance to see the largest ones at the top,…the smallest ones at the bottom or vice versa.…Or perhaps you want to sort by any of these other figures.…Well, the first step is to make sure…the table is calculating correctly.…I want to remind you, this came from excel…and on occasion, things do not import…exactly the way they should.…For example, just click in cell F2,…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.