In this video, learn how to add text placeholders to provide areas for adding text, and use table input options like pop-up menus to control input and make data input easier for the user.
- [Narrator] When creating a template…you'll want to make it easy for users to input data.…You can save them a lot of time and trouble…by using a certain format we're going to explore…in this movie with our Leaf and Mortar budget file 0902…if you're catching up.…We're going to go to the income details tab up here.…Where we're taken out all of the data…that a user might input.…And instead of having them type out the months of the year…January, February, March, etc.…we can give them those options…say on a pop up menu that they can select.…
That way they can save a lot of time…and a lot of typing.…So, let's go to cell A2.…And go to the cell tab here in the inspector…where we see the data format set to automatic.…Click this drop down and change it to pop up menu.…There it is.…With it selected you can see…it comes with three items by default.…We're going to need 12 items.…But we can start with item one…by double clicking we highlight it…so we can type right over it, January.…Now you can double click item two…and type in February.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.